The training program will equip students with a solid foundation in the field of Mechatronics Technology along with confidence, dynamism, proficiency in English, and the capability of working in an active industrial environment or pursuing a research career after graduation.
1. PROGRAM MISSION
Automating the production line increases productivity and labor productivity, using robotic arms with precise control to support the surgical process in the medical field to minimize risks and shorten the operation time. Using spacecraft designed with optimal dynamics and intelligent control to help humans explore space, advanced technologies integrated into smartphones to help process high-quality images. , etc. All of these applications require a very high level of integration of advanced mechatronics technologies. It can be said that all concepts of smart devices (smart-phone, smart-home, smart-city, smart-grid, etc.) or the term “industrial revolution 4.0” are inseparable from the mechatronics concept.
Mechatronics engineering technology is a broad field with a combination of electrical, electronics, mechanical and intelligent control algorithms. Each mechatronics application is an integration of all of the above sub-domains to perform activities with or without human control. Robotics, precision engineering, and automatic production lines are among the best examples of mechatronics technology applications.
The essential and increasing demands of the field of Mechatronics Technology require large human resources with in-depth knowledge and solid skills in this field. The training program will equip students with a solid foundation in the field of Mechatronics Technology along with confidence, dynamism, proficiency in English, and the capability of working in an active industrial environment or pursuing a research career after graduation.
Table of Content
2. PROGRAM CURRICULUM
The bachelor’s degree program in mechatronics engineering technology includes 1 foundation year of general and 2 years of specialization with 180 credits in total. The final internship in the last semester, which ranges from 3 to 6 months at institutes, research centers, and companies in Vietnam, France, and many other countries.
Studying a bachelor’s degree in mechatronics engineering technology, students are firstly equipped with the basic knowledge of Science and Technology in many different fields, from which to prepare a solid foundation for specialized knowledge in the field of mechatronics engineering technology such as electronics, design, algorithm and programming, automatic control, measurement, and intelligent control systems, embedded control systems, robotics, material strength, etc.
The training program is built in line with the practical needs of the labor market, through close links with research centers and businesses. Students learn the theory that incorporates practice in an international standard modern laboratory with a state-of-the-art equipment system. In addition, students are also trained in critical thinking, creativity, professional working styles and soft skills such as scientific presentations, methods of writing scientific reports, communication, and working. team, and leadership skills.
|General education||English||8||Basic sciences||38||60 ECTS|
|Management sciences||2||Oriented courses||12|
|2nd year||French||8||Electrical engineering I||4||60 ECTS|
|Digital electronics||4||Introduction to mechatronics||2|
|Object oriented programing||4||General mechanics of rigid solids I||2|
|Probability and Statistics||3||Material I||3|
|Numerical methods||3||Design I||4|
|Math for the mechanical engineers||3||General mechanics of rigid solids II||4|
|Manufacturing I||3||Analogical electronics||4|
|Sensors and analytical devices||4||Design II||4|
|Elective courses (choose one among two)|
|Law on Intellectual Property rights||2||Project Management||2|
|3rd year||Summer internship||4||Scientific Writing and Communication||2||60 ECTS|
|French||7||Micro-processor and micro-controller||3|
|Manufacturing 2||3||Automatic control II||3|
|Non-metallic materials||3||Control of automated system||2|
|PLC programing||2||Signal processing||3|
|Automatic control I||3||Group project||3|
|Power electronics and applications||4||Materials II||3|
|Electrical engineering II||3||Management of manufacturing||4|
3. PROGRAM OUTCOMES
Students completing the Mechatronics Engineering Technology training program should be able to:
- Apply methods from physics, mathematics, and computer science to model systems in electrical and electronic engineering
- Use mathematical methods and tools to analyze and develop electrical and mechanical engineering systems
- Use the combination of mathematical modeling and computer programming to build and develop intelligent sensors and actuators for electronic systems
- Devise lab experiments, collect and analyze data from physical and simulated test systems, and use the results to solve technical problems
- Design mechatronics systems to meet or exceed a set of performance specifications
- Program central processing units using assembly language and low-level translators
- Analyze and design automatic control systems with respect to fundamental principles
- Communicate effectively
- Formulate and work on open-ended problems, including creative thinking
- Apply standard scientific principles to develop engineering solutions to a range of practical problems
- Realize the limits of his/her expertise and know when it is necessary and appropriate to seek specialist advice
4. CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
- Higher studies and research careers
Mechatronic engineering technology students will be offered internship or postgraduate study opportunities within a network of more than 40 universities and research institutes in France. Graduates will have an excellent opportunity to become a mentor, teachers, or researchers at one of our partner institutions.
- Business and industrial careers
Currently, more and more businesses and production facilities are equipped with modern equipment lines with high technology applications. Graduates of mechatronic engineering technology will have many attractive job opportunities such as:
– Design, operate and maintain equipment and hardware systems as well as software for companies and factories equipped with automatic systems and machines.
– Expert consultant on technology, design, programming, construction, and transfer of automated systems.
5. CONTACT INFORMATION
– About the training program:
Department of Energy
Tel: (+84-24) 3791 8719
Add: Room 302, 3rd floor, A21 building, University of Science and Technology of Hanoi
– About Admission:
Department of Academic Affairs (DAA)
Tel: ( + 84-24) 7772 7748
Add: Room 102, 1st floor, A21 building, University of Science and Technology of Hanoi