In collaboration with prestigious universities in France, USTH offers a double Bachelor’s degree program in Biotechnology – Drug discovery, which presents many advantages, including offering two well-recognized degrees, a solid foundation of specialized knowledge, a high level of English proficiency, and opportunities for early exposure to international learning environments in Vietnam and France.
1. PROGRAM OVERVIEW
This program is designed to train a new generation of young scientists with robust scientific ethics, profound expertise, adept language skills, pragmatic know-how, critical thinking acumen, and invaluable soft skills. Moreover, it equips them with the ability to address the evolving demands of both the biotechnology and drug discovery domains, while seamlessly navigating the intricacies of global learning and professional environments.
The comprehensive curriculum of the training program consists of a total of 180 ECTS. During the initial two years, students will be taught by the USTH lecturers, all of whom hold PhD degrees. In the final year, students will be transferred to a French partner university. Students have the option to select either University Sorbonne Paris Nord (USPN) or University of Montpellier (UM). Upon successful completion of the program, students will be granted 2 degrees: one from USTH and the other from their chosen French university.
Table of Content
2. LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of the program, students will achieve the following outcomes:
- Master and know how to apply fundamental scientific knowledge in the areas of Maths, Physics, Probability Statistics, Chemistry, and Information Technology to real-world scenarios within the realm of Biotechnology-Drug Discovery.
- Acquire an in-depth command of specialized biotechnological knowledge as well as knowledge of research and development of new drugs. Use this expertise to identify, analyze, and evaluate theoretical problems and practical challenges, thereby offering and optimizing solutions in the field of Biotechnology – Drug discovery
- Process a solid foundation in the practical applications of biotechnology, spanning areas like plant biotechnology, biomedicine, and in research and development of new drugs.
- Design and execute biological and biochemical experiments, demonstrating the ability to analyze, generalize, and interpret experimental data. Exhibit competence in the utilization of modern tools and techniques in experimental biology and biochemistry.
- Identify scientific and technological issues that emerge during the execution of research within the biotechnology field and the development of new drugs. Possess ample knowledge and skills to actively engage in scientific research projects in the above fields.
- Demonstrate the ability to self-learn new knowledge on biotechnology and new drug research and development from a multi-dimensional and international perspective. Process the capacity to pursue further professional endeavors in education or research.
3. BENEFITS OF VIETNAM- FRANCE DOUBLE DEGREE
- Students obtain two globally recognized degrees issued by a well-known French university and USTH, creating favorable conditions for them to secure job placements in the competitive labor market or further studies in master’s and doctoral programs in France or other developed countries upon graduation.
- Students are equipped with self-directed learning and research skills, together with problem-solving skills, open-mindedness, strong soft skills, and a high level of English and French proficiency, which make them easier to access a wide range of attractive career opportunities in the context of globalization.
- In the final year of studying in France, students have opportunities to immerse themselves in the academic community of a reputable university in the field of science and technology in France. Besides, students learn how to adapt to the new environment and gain invaluable cultural experience by exploring the customs, specialties, and famous landscapes in France.
4. DETAILED INFORMATION
|Students will be granted two Bachelor’s degrees, one by USTH and one by a French university.
|3 years (180 ECTS)
|Phase 1 (first 2 years studying at USTH): English.
Phase 2 (final year of study at a French partner university): French (Some subjects at USPN or UM specifically for international students are taught in English). The graduation thesis is written and defended in English.
In the first two years, students will study French with the target to achieve Delf B2 at the end of the second year, before transferring to France to finish their final year.
|Admission method based on USTH Competency Assessment examination results
|– Have final results of Grades 11, 12 with average academic results in 5 subjects: Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Informatics at least 6.50/10
– Have an IELTS certificate that achieved a minimum score of 6.0 or a TOEFL iBT certificate with a minimum score of 60
– Graduate High school
– Pass the knowledge test and interview organized by USTH
5. CO-GRANTING DEGREE PARTNERS
5.1. University Sorbonne Paris Nord (USPN)
Year of establishment: 1970
Address: 99 Avenue Jean Baptiste Clément, 93430 Villetaneuse, France (located north of Paris)
University Sorbonne Paris Nord (USPN) is one of 13 universities that were separated from the University of Paris in 1968. USPN is a major educating and research center located in the North of Paris, consisting of five campuses, spread across the two regions of Seine-Saint-Denis and Val d’Oise: Villetaneuse, Bobigny, Saint-Denis, Plaine Saint-Denis, and Argenteuil.
University Sorbonne Paris Nord welcomes more than 25,000 students in initial or continuing education, in all fields: Health, Medicine, and Human Biology – Letters, Languages, Human and Social Sciences – Law, Political and Social Sciences – Sciences of the communication – Economics and management sciences – Mathematical and computer sciences, Physics and Chemistry, Networks and Telecommunications, Energetics, Nanotechnologies, Biomaterials, and Process Engineering.
The cooperation agreement between Sorbonne Paris Nord University (USPN) and USTH for the implementation of a double Bachelor’s degree program in Biotechnology – Drug Discovery was officially signed on March 30, 2023.
5.2. University of Montpellier (UM)
Year of establishment: 1970
Address: 163 rue Auguste Broussonnet 34090 Montpellier, France (Montpellier is located between Nime and Bezier, is a city in the South of France, 10 km from the Mediterranean coast)
For the past 800 years, the University of Montpellier (UM) has strived to address scientific and societal challenges. UM is the 6th largest university in France, with about 50,000 students including 7000 come from abroad to study in Montpellier.
With 16 schools and institutes, and 78 research structures, UM brings together a vast community of knowledge ranging from science, technology, medicine, pharmacy, and physical and sports activities, to law, political science, economics, and management.
UM provides its researchers with the required technological platforms and facilities for cutting-edge research. It works in partnership with the Montpellier University Hospital, which ranks 6th in France, and the Nîmes University Hospital, as well as with numerous research institutions represented in Montpellier including CNRS, INSERM, INRA, CIRAD, IRD, INRIA, IRSTEA, CEA, IFREMER, and BRGM.
The cooperation agreement between University of Montpellier and USTH for the implementation of a double Bachelor’s degree program in Biotechnology – Drug Discovery will be officially signed in the year 2023.
– About the training program:
Tel: (+84-24) 3212 1576
Add: Room 307, 3rd floor, A21 building, University of Science and Technology of Hanoi
– About Admission:
Department of Academic Affairs (DAA)
Tel: ( + 84-24) 7772 7748
Add: Room 102, 1st floor, A21 building, University of Science and Technology of Hanoi