Visa at the USTH


1. How to get a long term visa to study at USTH?
Required documents/information includes:
– Your expected arrival and departure date?
– Where can you get visa?(eg: at the Embassy of Vietnam in Paris, France or Shanghai, China …)
– Type of visa: single or multiple?
– A copy of your passport
– The acceptance letter (provided by USTH in Vietnamese)
– The academic year schedule (provided by USTH in Vietnamese)

All documents are sent to:

2. How long does it take?
It takes about 3 – 4 weeks since the time every dossier is available. The approval letter on visa will be faxed to the Embassy of Vietnam. And USTH will also send you its copy. You should bring your passport and the letter to the Embassy to get visa. You are advised to contact with the Embassy to get more information.

3. What do you have to pay for visa?

- Fax fee: you will have to refund it upon your arrival at USTH
– Visa fee:


Type of visa

Fee (USD)


Single visa: 1 month to 12 months



Multiple visa: below 30 days



Multiple visa: from 1 month to 6 months



Multiple visa: from 6 months to 1 year


4. Renew visa
Your visa will be renewed every year during your study at USTH. Please contact to Ms. Nguyen My Hanh (Administration Officer) for more information. Email:

5. Note
Your visa will be not renewed if you come to Vietnam by a tourism visa. To get a long term visa sponsored by USTH, you will have to check out Vietnam.

6. Contact
Ms. Nguyen My Hanh
Address:  Room 402, Building A21
18 Hoang Quoc Viet Str., Cau Giay, Hanoi
Phone: 024 3791 6960 

You did not use the site, Click here to remain logged. Timeout: 60 second