Exchange students

Student exchange under Bilateral Agreements

A bilateral agreement is an agreement signed by two universities which choose to become partners to achieve common specific aims related to: student mobility, joint research activities, organization of seminars or conferences, etc.

USTH has signed agreements with universities from all over the world, see of list of University/Department agreements here. 

Depending on the agreement, beneficiaries are bachelor/master/PhD students, professors, research scholars, administrative staff. Student coming to USTH in the frame of bilateral agreements have access to USTH services and facilities and are exempted from any tuition fee.

Most bilateral agreements allow students from the partner universities to spend a period at USTH for study/research purposes, and also academic/administrative staff from partner universities to come to USTH for teaching/training purposes.

Students mobility at USTH is possible for a period ranging normally from 2 to 12 months. Participation in the mobility generally entails a students’ selection carried out by the students’ home university, who is responsible for nominating selecting students to USTH.


Almost courses at USTH are conducted in English and available for international exchange students. Find the list of programs and courses here.

How to apply:

If your home university has an exchange agreement with USTH (see Exchange partners) then please liaise directly with its study abroad office when you apply. We can only accept applications for our exchange programmes from students who have been formally nominated by their home university.
If your university does not currently have an agreement with USTH, we consider direct applications for short-term study. Please bear in mind it is your responsibility to liaise with your home institution about transferring credits for your study at USTH.

Application will need to be sent via email to International Cooperation Office, including following documents: 

  • copy of your passport information page;
  • incoming exchange application form (download template);
  • full certified transcripts of your academic achievements and results to date from your home institution (with official English translation);
  • reference letter from a teacher/ professor who is familiar with your academic work at your present university or college;
  • all courses at USTH are delivered in English so students will need to provide proof of English language at the required level as outlined on the relevant programme page
  • learning agreement (download template) (for students under the ERASMUS exchange programs)


Related links