Pursuant to Decision No. 89/QĐ-TTg dated January 18, 2019 of the Prime Minister on promulgating the Project 89 to improve the capacity of lecturers, staff for managing the higher education institution to meet the requirements of fundamental and comprehensive changes in education and training for the period of 2019 – 2030;
Pursuant to Circular No. 25/2021/TT-BGDĐT dated September 8th, 2021 of the Minister of Ministry of Education and Training on instructing the implementation of master and doctoral training for lecturers of higher education institutions according to Decision 89/QĐ-TTg;
Pursuant to Circular No. 18/2021/TT-BGDĐT dated June 28th, 2021 of the Minister of Ministry of Education and Training on promulgating the Regulation on admission and training at doctoral level;
University of Science and Technology of Hanoi herewith calls for candidates for doctoral training under Project 89 in 2023 as follows:
1. Available positions
|No.||Specialty||Number of available positions|
|4||Information and Communication Technology||2|
2. Qualification requirements
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Hold a Master degree in Science and Technology in a relevant field;
- Be less than 40 years old;
- Speak, read and write fluently in English (proficiency in French appreciated);
- Commit to work after graduation as a lecturer/researcher at USTH for at least 6 years.
- Experiences in research is an
3. Training duration and formation
The PhD training program is a fulltime program and will take place in France for 3 years from the date of MOET’s decision on sending the PhD student abroad under Project 89.
4. Benefits and responsibilities of the selected PhD students:
- Project 89 provides air-tickets and monthly living allowances (defined by Ministry of Education and Training, currently around 960 Euros/month);
- Visa, tuition fees and medical insurance will be covered;
- The selected PhD students will sign working contracts with USTH before going abroad under Project 89, and will be accepted as fulltime lecturers of USTH after finishing the doctoral training program.
- to devote full time to PhD study and research;
- to comply with the regulations of the training institution;
- to strictly adhere to the commitments required by USTH;
- to observe the requirements by the Ministry of Education and Training for this Program 89 (Circular No. 25/2021/TT-BGDĐT dated September 8th, 2021).
Applicants should be aware that they shall be kept responsible (and refund scholarships and training expenses) in the following situations: voluntarily dropping out of school; failing to complete the training program and/or not being granted a diploma; not returning to work at USTH upon completion of the training program in France; or unilaterally terminating their working contracts with USTH prior to term.
5. Application dossier
A complete application (in English) should include the following documents (uncomplete dossiers will not be reviewed):
- Application form (with a 4x6cm portrait photo) (Annex 1);
- Updated CV;
- Motivation letter;
- Copies of university and master’s degrees, transcripts, and other certifications of expertise that have been notarized and translated into English (if they are not in English). If you received your bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university or college in another country, you must submit a Certificate of Graduation from the Quality Management Department of the Ministry of Education and Training;
- Proof of proficiency in English (at least B2 CERF and equivalent);
- List and copies of any documents showing research activities in the past 3 years (scientific publications, books, conferences, posters, etc…) (if any) (Annex 2);
- Two letters of recommendation from two scientists in the same discipline who hold the titles of Professor, Associate Professor or PhD (Annex 3).
CLICK HERE to download the application templates.
6. Selection process
- USTH shall conduct a pre-selection based on the
- Preselected candidates will be invited for
7. Plan for the year 2023
|Application submission deadline||February 28th, 2023|
|Application dossier preselection||March 2023|
|Admission interview jury||April 2023|
|Admission results||May 2023|
8. Submission of applications
Applicants are required to submit their application dossiers in both ways:
- Sending the scanned dossiers in PDF format or in ZIP to: email@example.com. The title of the submission email should be as follows: “Program 89 <FULL NAME>”;
- Write “Program 89 <FULL NAME>” on the dossier package and send by post to the following address:
|UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF HANOI|
|Address:||Room 102, Building A21, 18 Hoang Quoc Viet, Cau Giay, Ha Noi, Vietnam|
|Tel:||(+84 24) 3791 7748|
To download the full version of this call, please click HERE.