As an international public university with a new model of organization and operation, USTH is offering teaching programs in association with plenty of practical exercises and internships at USTH and our partners’ laboratories, such as: research centres, enterprises in Vietnam and abroad. USTH is strongly supported in the academic field through a French consortium of over fourty higher education and research institutions and by the French government. USTH plans to increase its student number and to develop strong interactions between education, research and industry.
B. Objectives of the assignment
The national gender consultant will support with the taskes related to the gender issues of the University. This position will last for 3 man-months.
C. Scope of Work
The national gender consultant will be recruited to do the following key tasks. They include, but not limited to the following:
1. Support and train the USTH’s gender focal point person to collect and update data and information for all gender targets and activities regularly;
2. Review and provide gender inputs for the development of training and communication materials, studies, surveys, and reports (example: TOR preparation, consultant selection process and preparing the draft training materials, agenda, methods and tools, draft report, etc) to ensure that all training and communication materials prepared by USTH are free of gender.
3. Conduct gender awareness training for USTH to build a common understanding of Gender Action Plan (GAP) implementation and gender mainstreaming in higher education.
4. Monitor and supervise workshops, events and training programs done by USTH to identify gender issues or challenges related to women’s participation and ethnic minority, and provide appropriate recommendations to address these issues.
5. Review USTH’s current regulations and provide recommendations for the development and implementation of policies related to higher education to ensure that gender and ethnicity are incorporated into those policies, make a specific strategy to promote equity and increase the participation of female and ethnic minority students.
6. Develop Code of Conduct (COC) on sexual harassment/exploitation and train all staff, lecturers/researchers and labourers of USTH on COC and gender issues.
7. Support USTH’s lecturers to give images of women in Science &Technology in these curriculum materials.
8. Other activities assigned by the USTH Rector Board.
– All training and communication materials, guidelines developed by USTH are free from gender.
– All sex-disaggregated data and gender information needed by USTH are updated regularly, with the high quality upon the request of USTH.
– Code of Conduct on sexual harassment/exploitation is developed.
– Curriculum/program materials depict positive images of women in S&T are developed.
E. Qualifications, skill and experience requirements
– Master’s degree in gender studies, education, sociology, social science or other related fields;
– At least 5 years of working experience in gender related activities and at least 5 years of experience working with the projects funded by ADB, World Bank or any other international organizations; international assignments in developing Asia countries.
– Knowledge of gender equality and women empowerment in education sector is preference;
– Outstanding communication, networking, facilitation and negotiation skills;
– Excellent analytical and report writing skills; knowledge of ADB policies and procedures is preference
– Excellent computer skills and experience in preparing and maintaining website materials;
– Demonstrated ability to work with minimum supervision, be dynamic, proactive and creative;
The application package must be in English and contain:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of diplomas and certificates.
- Recommendation letters (if any)
Deadline for application: 20/6/2021
Application package will need to be sent to:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
HR Department – Room 105 – University of Science and Technology of Hanoi: Building A21, 18B Hoang Quoc Viet, Cau Giay, Ha Noi.