USTH supports students to get a visa to study at USTH. This information below is useful for international student
1.How to get a long term visa to study at USTH?
Students are required to provide USTH with the following documents:
- USTH Visa application form
- USTH incoming exchange application, Nomination letter, Full certified transcripts, Proof of English language, Learning agreement,… (For exchange students)
- Internship agreement (For intern students)
- A copy of your passport,…
After having all the above documents, USTH will be responsible for making decisions and dispatches such as:
- The acceptance letter (provided by USTH in Vietnamese)
- The academic year schedule (provided by USTH in Vietnamese)
- Fill in the visa application form of the Immigration Department.
- USTH submit all the documents at the Immigration Department
Where can you get visa: Embassy of Vietnam in the host country
Type of visa: single or multiple.
2.How to get a visa at the Embassy of Vietnam?
After receiving all documents from students and submitting them at the Immigration Department, the visa approval letter will be issued after 5 working days. The Immigration Department will fax the visa approval letter to the Vietnamese Embassy, and USTH will also send you its copy.
The following documents are required to receive a visa at the Embassy of Vietnam:
- 01 completed visa application form, accompanied by a 4x6cm passport photo (declare online and then print it)
- Original Passport.
- The visa approval letter.
You are advised to contact the Embassy to get more information.
3.What do you have to pay for a visa?
– Visa fee: Fees for visas and documents related to exit from Vietnam or entry into Vietnam for foreigners
|No||Type of visa||Fee (USD)|
|1||Single visa: 1 month to 12 months||25 USD/visa|
|a||below 3 months||50 USD/visa|
|b||from 3 months to 6 months||95 USD/visa|
|c||from 6 months to 1 year||135 USD/visa|
|d||from 6 months to 1 year||145 USD/visa|
|e||from 1 year to 2 years||155 USD/visa|
|5||Grant temporary residence card for foreigners:|
|a||from 1 year to 2 years||145 USD/card|
|b||from 2 years to 5 years||155 USD/card|
|6||Extend temporary residence card for foreigners:||10 USD|
|7||Resident card||100 USD/card|
Note: In case of loss or damage, the above papers must be re-issued, applying the same fee as newly issued.
Your visa will not be renewed if you come to Vietnam by a tourism visa. To get a long term visa sponsored by USTH, you will have to check out Vietnam and apply for a new visa.
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION DEPARTMENT
Address: Room 106, Building A21
18 Hoang Quoc Viet Str., Cau Giay, Hanoi
Phone: 024 3791 8619